Saturday, March 28, 2009

5.5 months




I can't believe that we've had her for five and a half months! The time has gone by so quickly. It seems that we've always had her. Grace continues to do well. She isn't growing quickly, and she isn't gaining a lot of weight, but that might be because we aren't feeding her a lot of fat! We are really looking forward to the warmer weather, as we are all suffering from cabin fever. Poor Grace. She got a taste of good weather, and we spent as much time outside as we can. However, now when we are ready to come in the house from running errands, she cries and backs away from the door. She wants to spend more time outside! Poor thing. Believe me, I'd like nothing better than to stay outside. Especially with the week we've had!




On Tuesday I woke up to find our basement carpet wet. After investigating, I found that someone had turned our spiggot outside on. The ground was drenched from the rains that weekend, and then this...our neighbor's spiggot was on, too. (we're in a townhouse) So, we had to move most of our furniture in the basement to get the carpet pulled up. We put a dehumidifier in there and had fans running. Of course, with all the mess, we had to keep Grace out of that room. This was a struggle for me because that's her play room and our tv room. I had to entertain her for four days away from that room. GRRRRR!!!!!!




Today (Saturday) we finally felt that the carpet was dry enough to lay back down. It took us a good portion of the afternoon to get it laid down fairly flat. There's one or two bubbles...not big ones. Of course, then we had to move all the furniture back where it was. We are almost done with the furniture.




As Spring Break begins in our area, I found a handy little parent guide with all kinds of early childhood information in it like child care centers, medical centers, dentists, and best of all preschools. It reminded me that we really should begin to decide which preschool to send her to. She will be two and a half next August, and I would really like to put her into some sort of playschool or preschool. Right now, she does not have any friends that are her age outside of church. Unfortunately, she just started the Sunday School with children her own age, and I only know like two kids in her class. I really would like to get her involved with those kids more so that they can form friendships. I'm a little upset at the SS teacher. I don't know if she's just joking, or if she's serious. When we picked her up the first week, she said "She's so tiny...she's two?" I said yes. The next week, she said "I just can't believe she's two. She's so small. Are you sure she's two?" I explained to her that she was recently adopted from Russia, and that the doctors said she would always be petite- and yes, I'm sure she's two! Why would I lie about her age?




Anyway, I'll let it go for now. She is a little peanut and everyone mistakes her for being much younger. Oh well....take advantage of it now while I can, right??? Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: