Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Easter

We are really looking forward to celebrating Easter with Grace. Today we went to the mall to get a picture with the Easter Bunny. she did an amazing job. Not only was she in a good mood, but she did not freak out when the EB picked her up. We were the first there when the mall opened for the day, and so the EB could spend a little time playing peek-a-boo and stuff to get Grace comfortable. She /it (don't know who was in the suit...I shall guess it was a she) ....anyway, SHE did a great job getting Grace comfortable. She smiled for the picture! As a matter of fact, we were there when the next child took his turn. She was actually jealous that someone else was with "her" Bunny!

Anyway, she has grown some more latele, and I've had to switch out her closet again. THis time I've had to switch her shirts to 2T/24 month (same size as I see it) and also her pants. When she wears her cloth diapers, the 12 month pants were a little tight. So, I brought out the 18 month bottoms. The only problem is that the 18 month pants are way too long, so I'll have to either roll them up or under. I spent some time today matching up her pants with a top, so I have more "outfits" to choose from instead of having to pull out a pair of pants and match it with a shirt when she needs to get dressed. Is that a little anal? Anyway, it will make mornings much easier to have the outfit already matched. It seems that every two months or so I'm switching out her closets. At this rate, she'll catch up to where she needs to be in no time! She's pretty close. Certainly with the tops. Anyway, I also pulled out her 24 month pajamas because the one-piece 18 month ones are a little hard to zip. The 24's are a little long, but when I use a loose scrunchie around her ankles, it keeps the jammies from falling to her feet and tripping her. I also notice that I may need to start buying 24 month dresses. I'll have to see. They may be a bit long by the knees, but she might need the waist lenght.

She has gained two and a half pounds and grown three inches since December. She had her two-year check up last week. She got her two-year shots. She didn't need the chicken pox vaccine because she had the chicken pox right before our first visit in June. In fact, she still had the blue medicine on her, and a few scabs. She now has one little scar left on her left cheek.

She's doing very well, and it seems that she learns new words every day. I've stopped counting how many words she can say. Last week for the doctor's office it was up to 45, but I think now it's around 50. She also knows about 25 signs. Her newest is "help". I get so frustrated when she cries because she can't do something. I tell her to ask mommy to "help" "please". She'll sign the words, and then I'll help her and encourage her to say "thank you". She's catching on.

Hope everyone has a great Easter holiday.

No comments: