Friday, March 6, 2009

Post Placement Relief








Our social worker finallly called us today. She was unaware that our PP Report was moved up from April to March 11. She was also unaware that I was trying to get ahold of her because she had been having problems with her e-mail. She finally heard from our case worker when the president of the agency told our case worker to alert our social worker that I was trying to call. Anyway. So, the report is due on the 11th. She conducted the interview over the phone. She just asked questions about her development since December, which is when she last contacted us. She asked about her height, weight, eating habits, physical development, speech, etc... She also asked us how we as parents are handling the transition to parenthood. We will go into the office on Tuesday so she can physically see the child (necessary because we could by lying about her or something...) and then she can finish the report. However, with the interview today, she could type up most of the report and have it ready very quickly. Yay! Also, because I am taking Grace to the office it's cheaper than having a social worker come out to the house. PHEW! I am so relieved! Ok...so that's the update.








We went to the zoo yesterday while it was nice out. This time, I think Grace really "got" it. While we were walking through the tunnel, she got really excited and started bouncing in her stroller. She just absolutely loved the animals, and this time I really didn't have to work hard at trying to get her to look at the animals or find the animals. I could tell this time that she saw the animals...even when they were quite a distance away. I took one amazing shot of the leopard walking by the glass Grace was standing by, and they look like they are face-to-face. Grace loved it! At lunch time I also realized how much her eating is developing. WHen I make her a sandwich, I usually cut it up for her. At the zoo, I just let her take bites out of the bread while I held it. I turned around to eat my own lunch, and when I turned back around, she was holding the bread just like a big girl and taking a bite out of it like she's known how to all along! Now I know that she can feed herself with a sandwich and I no longer have to chop it up into tiny pieces. Just cut it in half, and she'll do the rest!








Next week, Grace turns two. On the 14th will be her first birthday party! I was just talking to my MIL today to set up the plans. We aren't doing anything fancy or big. We're just inviting our parents, grand parents, and siblings. 16 people total. I think there was some hinting around to invite more (cousins and such), but I don't want a big deal for her first party. Anyway, the 15th will be her first day in the new Sunday School and Children's Church rooms. During our Sunday School hour, she'll be in a new Toddler class, and during the Church hour, she'll go to the Two's. I'm a little nervous and also excited. The class she's in now is for new walkers (she just started walking in November), and I think that being around children her own age will really help her development. Well, that's all the new news for now. I'll post a couple of pictures from the zoo.




No comments: