Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring? And other news...

Well, spring is supposed to be here, but it's so cold it feels more like fall. Grace is doing great in school and every day she has to sign herself in. She's doing great writing her letters. G, A, C, E are all recognizable, but her R looks like an A. I think she's doing a fantastic job, and I can really see the progress from January until now. We are really looking forward to celebrating Easter. Today is Good Friday, and Grace and I are leaving this afternoon to visit with my mom. We will be coloring Easter Eggs. My nephew, Raymond will be there also. Raymond loves to be with Grace. He is so sweet. He's 9 and he is awesome with Grace, very patient and kind. After we visit with my mom and color eggs, I'll head over to my Mother-in-law's place where we will color eggs with her cousins on Daddy's side-Kiyana, Monique, and Sarina. On Saturday, we celebrate Easter with my mom. We'll arrive at around 11 and then eat lunch around 1 pm. After lunch my mom is going to hide the eggs (depending on the weather...if the weather is bad, the eggs will be hiden already...if the weather is good my mom thought of taking the eggs to a park to hide them). Anyway, Raymond and Grace will look for eggs. On Sunday we'll celebrate with Brian's family. We will go to the 9:30 service at Bethel in Crown Point, then go back to the house for the lunch. My MIL is thinking about having the girls search for some eggs on Saturday morning before we leave for my mom's but I don't know if that will work.

Well, so on to the other news.....

Earlier this month, I saw an ad for an adoption seminar coming up in our area. I signed us up for it and then realized that our own pastor at Calvary in Oak Park is going to be the keynote speaker. I am looking forward to this seminar. So, as I was thinking about it, I realized that this seminar is worth DCFS credits. Probably not much-like 5 or something, but I realized that I don't think we can keep those credits for very long. I thought that if we could start a home study we could use those points. I approached the subject with Brian and he agreed. I've contacted Adoptuskids.org, and they've passed our information along to an agency in Coook county that specializes in adopting from foster care, which is what we are interested in. So, although we haven't started the home study quite yet, I guess you could say that we've started the adoption process once again! It will be interesting to see what this process is like compared to the first one. I hope we are more prepared for the roller-coaster ride! Wish us luck. I'll probably be posting more often with all our frustrations and triumphs.

1 comment:

Anne & James said...

Any news on the adoption front? Love to read about your journey.