Friday, May 8, 2009

What a Blessed Mother's Day


I am so looking forward to my first Mother's Day! Every year prior to this, I would go to church on Mother's Day, and each year the church would hand out a flower to all the "mothers and young women". I'm guessing they started this so that the "young women" who don't have children wouldn't feel left out. Anyway, the last couple of years, my mother-in-law thought it appropriate to get me a Mother's Day gift....and call it an "Aunt's Day" gift. While I appreciated the gesture, I couldn't help but feel depressed about it. If she had given it to me on a different day and called it "Aunt's Day", I think I would have felt better about it. Anyway, those days are now behind me. This Mother's Day I am going to be so proud of the name "mama". As I was reading my Bible the other day, I ran across a verse in Psalms 113:9 "He gives children to the woman who has none and makes her a happy mother. Praise the LORD!" I love this verse and couldn't help but use my photo editing program to make a picture I can put in a plaque. Enjoy!


No comments: